Physics and Mathematics Department, opened in 1949 is one of the first departments. Now the department is a renowned regional center of science and new information technologies. There are four chairs at the department: "Mathematics and Computer Sciences Chair," "Chair of Mathematical Analysis," "Chair of Physics and Teaching Techniques of Physics," "Chair of Algebra, Geometry, and Teaching Techniques of Mathematics."
The Academic Programs of the Department
| Bachelor degree
|| 010100.62 Mathematics
010200.62 Mathematics and computer sciences
050100.62 Pedagogical education, a profile "Computer science" (correspondence courses)
| Master's degree
| Postgraduate study
|| 01.01.01 Material, complex, and functional analysis
05.13.18 Mathematical modeling of numerical methods and complexes of programs
04.01.02 Theoretical physics
01.01.11 Physics of the magnetic phenomena
13.00.02 Theory and training and education techniques
(physics, higher professional level)
Spheres of Graduates' Employment
Today graduates of the Physics and Mathematics department successfully work in research organizations, at enterprises of various kinds, in finance, in the bodies of state and municipal management, and in educational institutions.
Basic Research Directions
Mathematics and Computer Sciences Chair
Chair of Mathematical Analysis
- Hydrodynamic systems;
- High school techniques;
- Statistical data processing.
Chair of Algebra, Geometry and Teaching Techniques of Mathematics
- Questions of metric topology and fractal geometry;
- The theory of Riemannian surfaces;
- Geometry of hyperbolic varieties and orbifolds and topology of low dimensions;
- The theory of quasi-conformal displays;
- Computing methods of mechanics of continuous mediums;
- Higher school problems.
Chair of Physics and Teaching Technique of Physics
- Introduction of innovative technologies in the educational process of schools and higher schools;
- Development of information competence;
- Differentiated varieties and polymetric geometry.
For the purpose of optimization of research work, the following laboratories were opened:
- Perfection magnetographic defect identification;
- Regional features of a geomagnetic field;
- The abstract theory of physical structures;
- Perfection of preparation of future physics teachers.
Address: Socialist street 34, office #213, #217
- Robotics laboratory;
- Research laboratory "Innovative Educational Technologies;"
- Geophysics laboratory.
Ph.: +7(388-22) 2-75-39
Fax: +7(38822) 2-67-35 (for Physics and Mathematics Department)