A great attention is given to leisure organizations at the university. At present, the following cultural centers function at the university: the youth center, the German center, and the center of language and culture of China.
The cultural centers have the following objectives:
- Formation of a culture of international communication;
- Promotion of creative achievements of various areas of culture and art;
- Introduction to a national culture of different people in both its traditional and modern forms;
- Development of a corporate culture, strengthening of the authority and prestige of GASU;
- Increase of the status of GASU as a general cultural centre of the Altai Republic.
THE YOUTH CULTURAL CENTER (GASU YCC)
The youth cultural center creates necessary conditions for the development of student's creativity, perfection of aesthetic and moral education, and realization of intellectual and creative potential of students, post-graduate students and teachers.
The YCC includes the following studios and clubs:
THE GERMAN CULTURAL CENTRE (GASU GCC)
- Club of the Author's Song "DOMOVOY;"
- Club of the Cheerful and Resourceful;
- The ecological center;
- Drama school "ENCORE;"
- Choral studio "Lyubava;"
- Vocal studio "Consonance;"
- Choreographic studio "Impulse;"
- Ensemble of ball-room dance;
- Studio of eastern dances;
- Studio of Irish dance;
- Rock studio of GASU;
- Videostudio of GASU.
The GCC activities develop in the following directions:
- Introduction to the national German culture in its traditional and modern forms;
- Formation of a culture of international dialogue;
- Development of direct contacts of creative specialists and collectives, cultural centers, and national clubs with collectives and centers of the Russian Federation and Germany;
- Rendering methodical help to teachers and students of German language in high schools, colleges, technical schools, vocational schools, and universities;
- Studying the German language in the framework of various courses: the project "Breitenearbeit" - free courses for children, youths, and adults, and the organization and carrying out of children's and youth language camps.
Annual national holidays of the Russian Germans are celebrated, traditions and customs of the German people are studied, activities on country studies are held, and seminars for teachers of high schools of Gorno-Altaisk city and the Altai Republic are organized.
THE CENTER OF LANGUAGE AND CULTURE OF CHINA (GASU CLCC)
The center is a branch of the Confucius Class of Novosibirsk State University, and its Chinese partner is Xinjiang University (Urumchi, the Peoples Republic of China).
The CLCC activity is directed on the following issues:
- Teaching the Chinese language to a wide range of people;
- Cooperation with higher schools and scientific institutions of China;
- Popularization of knowledge about China.
- Providing information on programs of language training in China.